If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
You are here because you are looking for the best bridge camera for low light. One of the major challenges photographers face is getting a good camera that can be used to take stunning images and videos in a poorly illuminated environment.
Bridge cameras are not the best cameras for photography, at least when compared to DSLR cameras. However, bridge cameras have their advantages of course and they are great for entry-level photographers. Also, if you are a professional photographer, it will be great to have a bridge camera as part of your arsenal.
- Reviews of the Best Bridge Camera for Low Light
- Guide for Buying the Best Low Light Bridge Camera
Reviews of the Best Bridge Camera for Low Light
1. Sony Cyber-Shot RX10 IV Auto-Focus and 25x Optical Zoom
The ability to capture images and videos with limited light pushes this camera to rank among the best bridge camera for low light. The Sony Cyber-shot RX10 IV lets you track a particular walking object without stress through its amazing non-stop shooting speed.
Since this camera only allows you to get bright photos, it is important always to set the function to Vivid. Enjoy using the Sony Cyber-shot RX10 IV camera because the controls on the touchscreen are quite comfortable to use.
What else do you need if you can capture amazing and beautiful photos in different modes, which include R.A.W., movie, and JPG? Have we told you how effective the optical stabilization system is? If not, you should be aware that the O.I.S feature is incredible.
While this camera may not be perfect for sporting events, it is most useful for wildlife by capturing pictures in low light. Sony has also tagged this camera as its best long-zoom camera.
- Comfortable touchscreen controls
- Incredible Optical Stabilization System
- Amazing dynamic range picture and video
- Perfect rolling shutter
- High 20.1 Megapixel camera
- No lock-on autofocus system
- Sensor controls fail to work for moving through the menu
- World’s Fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.03 sec. Optical image stabilization technology developed...
- 315 phase-detection AF points covering Approx. 65% of the frame. Light etering mode- Multi pattern,...
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 24-600mm3 F2.4-F4 ultra-zoom Lens
2. Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Long Zoom Digital Camera
With the feature of water-resistant, you can use the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 in water and not bother about damaging it. For most people, this is the best bridge camera for low light.
Because of the max aperture of F2.8 zoom feature, you can take large zoom pictures in low light areas and not worry about the quality dropping. The battery capacity of the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is also impressive, as users can capture about 380 images on a full charge.
The camera lets you set the exposure and focus by yourself. Produce videos in high definition through the use of 4K video support. Also, you can practice non-stop shooting of videos and capturing of photos with its 12fps continuous shooting function.
The inclusion of a rotatable sensor screen is what differentiates the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Camera from its pairs and make it stand out. The 12.1MP feature allows crystal clear images to be captured outdoor.
- The battery capacity is superb
- The ability to shoot RAW
- The camera allows users to set the exposure and focus themselves
- It is water-resistant
- It captures poor JPEG colors
- It has soft angles when you shoot at a particular focal length
- 4K video & 4K photo: Panasonic’s exclusive 4K photo technology uses 30 frames per second in high...
- Leica DC Vario Elmarit lens: 24x zoom (25 600 millimeter with Full zoom range F2; 8 aperture for...
- High image Quality: The 12.1 Megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor with the venus engine excels in...
3. Canon Powershot SX60
Capture crystal clear images with the use of the Smart AUTO and enjoy your photography experience. The function of Hybrid AUTO shoots about four seconds video anytime you shoot a still image. Designed with carefulness and the best quality, the Canon Powershot SX60 is easy to hold for capturing the best pictures.
You can never get a much faster responsive function with any other Camera other than this one. The Canon Powershot SX60 includes a High-Speed technology that guarantees a fast speed when turning on the camera and using it to capture or shoot videos.
The zoom feature is also brilliant as it features a 65x Optical Zoom lens, which allows you to shoot videos at a far distance from the subject. What’s more? You can save zoomed pictures with the newly installed zoom memory ability.
Storing photos and transferring them should not be a problem with the use of a built-in Wi-fI and Near Field Communication feature
- It has a fantastic Optical Zoom Lens
- It is convenient to use
- It features a high-speed technology
- It includes Wi-Fi and N.F.C. function
- It has a slow lens
- No touchscreen controls
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows wireless transferring of images and video ; Power Source...
- 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with DIGIC 6 image processor (Canon...
- 65x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom and 260x combined zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer.Video Clip...
4. Sony DSC-RX10M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
Designed to hold dust, the Sony DSC-RX10M II Camera was made with a magnesium-alloy. This camera produces stunning images in high resolution, thanks to the 20.2 Megapixels camera lens.
Utilize the feature of the Exmor R.S. sensor to improve the speed and effectiveness of analogue to digital conversion. This same feature also provides for 5x quicker readout speed of the previous model. You have nothing to worry about with the inclusion of a headphone and microphone, which is about 0.14” Stereo mini-jack.
The incredible fast shutter speed of about 1/32000 makes it an exciting experience to capture photos. Subjects that are far off from you can also be captured because of the Digital Zoom feature. When done taking pictures and shooting videos, you can then transfer it to your device by using N.F.C. and Wi-Fi.
- It has a fast shutter speed
- It contains Wi-Fi and N.F.C. functions for sharing
- It is damp and dust resistant
- No option of touchscreen
- The buttons are not comfortable to use
- The menu system is not new but old
- World's first1 20.2 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS, High resolution 4K movie recording...
- Super-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter at max. 1/32000 sec. up to 14fps, Bright constant F2.8 ZEISS...
- Professional dust/moisture resistant magnesium-alloy body, Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finer viewfinder and...
5. PANASONIC LUMIX FZ1000 II 20.1MP Digital Camera
Picture capturing is improved upon on the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II Camera as it features a 20.1 Megapixel Camera. Use and explore the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function to enjoy your shooting and sharing experience.
Significantly, your camera will not lag with the introduction of a linear motor, which provides for a fast and high response rate in the focus system. Also, you can alter the focus area when finished shooting a video by joining more than one image together with the use of the Post Focus option.
You can save valuable time while looking to select the best image after taking more than hundreds of photos through the use of the added Auto marking feature. Capture moving subjects clearly from a far distance with the use of the 16x Optical Zoom function.
- It has a new auto marking feature
- It has 4K video recording function
- It can join different photos together
- It has a firm lens
- No inclusion of noise reduction filter
- Large sensor 1 inch 20. 1MP MOS sensor provides excellent low light and color depth performance,...
- Leica DC VARIO ELMARIT 16x optical zoom Leica DC VARIO ELMARIT F2. 8 F4. 0 lenses (35mm camera...
- 5 Axis Hybrid O. I. S. Optical image Stabilizer. I. S.) plus active mode effectively compensate for...
Guide for Buying the Best Low Light Bridge Camera
The Quality of Sensors
When it comes to camera and low light, this is the first thing to consider among other features. Luckily, with the new advancement in technology, most cameras now have a more developed sensor that produces possibly bright images in low light environments.
A bridge camera with low light features is one that has a high-quality sensor. If possible, the ones with millions of pixels. Having such pixels ensures that the camera can capture a tiny ray of light available.
ISO refers to the sensitivity of the image sensor. This is also another feature to consider next to the sensor. Typically, the higher the ISO, the more sensitive the camera to light. Higher ISO cameras will capture bright images in the presence of limited illumination.
Unfortunately, this does not come without a drawback. Cameras with high ISO have high noise. So at this point, you may want to choose between a noisy camera with great ISO and a less noisy camera with a lower ISO.
This is not a problem now for recent models of camera that has an included noise filter.
This is another factor to consider when going for low light cameras. Typically a wider aperture gives the lens ability to capture more light. It also allows for a faster shutter speed.
Aperture ratings in the range of f/1.4, f/1.8, or f/2.8 are great for low light photography.
We have put theses into considerations when selecting the low light bridge cameras so you can get value for your money.
Other Unique Features
You also want to consider other features that will make the camera stand out from the rest. Features like resolution, connectivity and zoom may have to be considered. You should compare these features and come up with a winner.
Low light photography has always posed a challenge for many photographers. During our research, we have seen photographers complain about the same issue. But in recent times, and with newly developed cameras, this is not a problem if you know how to choose cameras with the best features for low light.
We are sure you should be able to make a good choice from our list. However, after comparing features and other personal qualities, the Sony Cyber-Shot RX10 IV made it as our best bridge camera for low light.
It combines awesome resolution of 20MP and aperture range of F2.4-F4.0, you can be sure a stunning images and sharp video recording in low light. However, it is an expensive product price above $1000.