If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
One of the most important features professional photographers look onto in any camera is the viewfinder. Viewfinders are two types. They are either the optical viewfinders or the electronic viewfinders.
In practice, the optical viewfinders are better than the electronic viewfinders, but electronic viewfinders also comes with its advantages.
An optical viewfinder finds its application on DSLR cameras. Unfortunately, they are not found on bridge cameras and mirrorless cameras. Luckily, bridge cameras are not left out of this feature because they feature the electronic viewfinder which mimics the optical viewfinders.
If you are looking to buy the best bridge camera with viewfinder, then you are in the right place because we have helped you scanned through the market and selected only the best for this review.
- Best Bridge Camera with Viewfinder
- Electronic View Finder EVF or Optical View Finder OVF
- Why Having an EVF is Important?
Best Bridge Camera with Viewfinder
1. PANASONIC LUMIX FZ1000
The Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 is one of the best bridge camera with viewfinder. It is a hybrid camera that features a large 1-inch sensor alongside a 4K Video recording ability and 4K photo.
In addition to its 1-inch large high sensitivity, the camera also features a 20.1 MP high resolution, which provides for mind-blowing image quality. Also, the large MOS sensor in the Camera enhances the S/N ration; this, in turn, will reduce noise while you are shooting at ISO 12800*.
As mentioned in the introduction, the Panasonic Lumix FZ 1000 features an improved 4K video and 4K photo mode. The 4K photo mode allows users to capture photos at 30 fps in 8 MP.
What’s more? This Camera boasts of a high-precision, high-speed Organic Light-Emitting Diode, and Live View Finder. The modern Live View Finder is supported by a 0.39 inch and a 2,360 high dot resolution in 4:3 aspect.
Users putting on glasses are not left out with this Camera. This is because there is an eyepoint of about 20 mm that gives users comfort and high visibility. The viewfinder is majorly clear and very sharp from the middle part to other corners.
- It has a large sensor
- It has 4k video and 4k photo ability
- It has a touch display and viewfinder feature
- It has an improved focus technology
- The lens cannot be switched out
- Low battery capacity
- Big sensor quality: Large 1-inch 20.1MP MOS sensor for improved low light capture and large sensor...
- 4K video & Photo: 4K 30P video with hybrid photography 8MP video frame grabs as photos.
- Leica DC lens: A bright and ultra-sharp Leica DC lens 25-400 millimeter (16x) F2.8-4.0 and macro...
2. Canon Powershot SX70
The Canon Powershot SX70 boasts of a special type of style setting that offers up to six diverse color settings for you to select from. More so, there is the standard-setting feature that allows users to set contrast and sharpness to provide for a clearer photo.
Also, this Camera features a 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie technology that lets users capture 4K videos up to 30 fps. This provides for breathtaking image quality and as well as a super-high definition of videos. The 4K frame cropping is used to extract stable images from the videos you have earlier recorded.
The Canon Powershot SX70 has an electronic viewfinder that allows users to capture amazing events or moments as it happens. This will not allow users of the camera to miss any incredible action that goes on around them.
- It is a powerful 65x optical zoom
- It has a 20.3 MP CMOS sensor
- It features a 4K time-lapse movie and 4K video
- It also has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function for sharing
- It shoots RAW photos
- It does not have a GPS
- Powerful 65x optical zoom
- 203 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie
3. Sony DSC-RX10 III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
With the Sony DSC-RX10 III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera, there is nothing beyond reach. Users can now try to capture stills and movies from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto.
Users can also capture bright images from a far distance through its 24-600mm1 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens function.
This Camera is capable of having a fast shutter speed of up to 1/3200 through its large 1 stacked 20.1 Megapixel CMOS image sensor. Connecting to compatible devices is also not difficult to execute because it has a built-in Wi-Fi and NFC function.
Important features of the Sony DSC-RX10 III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera includes a sharp 3 multi-angle LCD and a bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder.
- It has a super slow-motion movie High Frame Rate up to 960 fps
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi and NFC function
- It includes a bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder
- It has a superzoom function
- It features a large multi-angle 3 Xtra Fine LCD
- It does not work with a remote control
- It is at risk of the dangers of the weather
- It is not good for traveling
- High zoom 24-600mm (25x) F2.4-4.0 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens, 20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS stacked back...
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x), Fast Intelligent AF achieves...
- Enhanced operability w/ independent focus, zoom and aperture rings, Professional dust/moisture...
4. Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera
The Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera is also one of the best bridge Camera with viewfinder. This Camera offers users with the best and most breathtaking quality. One interesting aspect of the Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera is its Zoom power.
The Camera features a 2000mm optical zoom, which provides users with the chance to capture images from a far distance. Also, experts will love the image quality that this camera offers.
Sharing has never been so easy with the addition of a built-in Wi-Fi and NFC. Once a user is done capturing a great photo or shooting a high-quality video, they can send it to a compatible tablet or smartphone.
This Camera provides multiple options in Swiveling Vari-angle display and high-resolution eye-level viewfinder. If a user places the Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera close to their eyes, the electronic viewfinder will automatically turn on and show a precise high-resolution view.
- It has a High-resolution eye-level viewfinder and Swiveling Vari-angle display
- It has a 16 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- It features a built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- It features an incredible optical zoom feature
- No image stabilization feature
- 16MP CMOS sensor; 6 level brightness adjustment
- 24 2000-millimeter 35-millimeter equivalent focal length. Sensor size: 1/2.3 inch
- 83x optical zoom Nikkor super ED VR lens
5. Leica V-Lux 5 20MP Superzoom Digital Camera
Expect nothing less than stunning and magnificent while using the Leica V-Lux Superzoom Digital Camera. This camera features a 20 MP 1-inch sensor that allows users to capture the best and high-quality pictures.
The 4K video recording and 4K photo modes give users a chance to shooting incredible videos in high definition and also to capture images with the best quality.
There is also the feature of a High-speed AF and 12 fps continuous burst shooting that lets users continually shoot or capture images.
Another exciting aspect of the Leica V-Lux Superzoom Digital Camera is its improved battery capacity and also its inclusion of a Micro-USB battery charging port.
The 2.36-Dot OLED Electronic vide finder supports the Camera to deliver the best of videos and photos. Users can now use the Bluetooth and W-Fi function to send captured photos or shot videos to compatible devices.
- It has a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function
- It features a 2.36m Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- It has a 20MP 1-inch sensor
- It features a 4K video recording and 4K photo mode
- It is not covered with a leather
- It does not come with an internal memory card
- 20 megapixel 1-inch sensor
- DC Vario-Elmarit ASPH. 16x Zoom Lens 9.1-146 mm (25-400 mm equiv.) f/2.8-4 ASPH. lens
- 25-400mm f/2.8-4 (35mm Equivalent) 4K video recording and 4K photo modes
Electronic View Finder EVF or Optical View Finder OVF
Over time, as the electronic viewfinders have evolved and continues to develop to measure up with the optical viewfinder of the DSLR cameras.
For optical viewfinders, the user gets to see exactly what the mirror and the lenses see. On the contrary, for electronic viewfinders, there are no mirrors. So the lenses only interpret what it sees directly on the electronic sensor.
Haven said all these, it is important to mention that while OVF has the ability to projects better images, the EVF has got better ability to make adjustments before capturing.
Unfortunately, when it comes to buying bridge and mirrorless cameras, there are no options for optical viewfinders, so you are left to only buy the EVF.
When buying bridge cameras with viewfinders, we recommend opting for the ones with the best resolution. However, this does not come without a disadvantage. Using EVF with high resolution drains the battery faster than usual. So the best bridge camera with viewfinder is the one that combines durable battery and high resolution.
Why Having an EVF is Important?
Overall, when using an EVF, the camera is closer to your body as against viewing from the LCD. With this, you are more engaged with the camera, and this enhances camera grip and better image stabilization.
EVFs are great to use in low light conditions. They can automatically increase the brightness of the surrounding when the scene is dark.
In summary, the advantages of the EVF on bridge cameras are as follow:
- Precise framing
- Live display of the rendering of the image
- Steady shooting
- Easy, convenient shooting experience
- Brighter display in low-light situations
- Good EVF performance in bright shooting conditions
We commend your patience in going through all the details highlighted here. We are sure that with all you have picked from this content, you should be able to pick the best bridge camera with viewfinders.
Bridge cameras are expensive, so it is wise to buy one that will serve you a long time before considering upgrading to suit your skill level.
Let us know if you need any special information to enable you to buy the best, channeled to meet your need and style of photography. We’d love to hear from you using the comment section or contact us page.