If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Many would have thought that film cameras have gone out of vogue. But the truth is that, people still buy them for one reason or the other.
If for any reason, but for the fact that film camera gives you the original and natural image without any special effects, unlike the new digital cameras.
In this article, we are going to be reviewing the best film camera with autofocus. The majority of the old professional film cameras come with manual focusing.
While manual focus cameras are great, it requires experience to get down with it – so it is recommended more for intermediates and professionals. Autofocus cameras are easy to use and great for beginners or seniors who just want to get shots for the pleasure.
- Reviews of the Best Film Camera with Autofocus
- Are Film Cameras Worth Buying?
- Criteria for Choosing the Best Film Camera
Reviews of the Best Film Camera with Autofocus
1. Canon EOS Rebel K2 SLR 35mm Film Camera with Auto Focus Lens
This is one of the best film Camera with autofocus. There is an enhanced AD Algorithms that enables users of the Canon EOS Rebel K2 SLR camera to be able to switch between tracking AF and single shot.
How does it feel to be able to handle a camera easily? It certainly feels amazing. Well, the controls of this camera are simply amazing as it was made to be held with one hand.
With an improved E-TTL flash metering system in the camera, you are sure to shoot photographs in low light surroundings. The lens of the camera is about 28 to 90 mm, which is a 3.2x zoom lens and can capture pictures from far.
Get to enjoy the modern control design as well as the large LCD panel to execute all your image and video experience. There is a 12 shooting style which contains 7 programmed picture style embedded in this camera. The non-digital nature of this camera will not stop you from enjoying high-quality pictures.
- It takes high-quality pictures
- It has an improved E-TTL flashing metering system
- It possesses a good and strong handle
- The battery drains too quickly
- 35-zone metering system linked to 7-point high speed autofocus system
- 12 shooting modes including 7 programmed image control modes
- Advanced E-TTL flash metering system
2. Olympus 35mm Trip Autofocus 50 QD Camera
Specially made with the best design, the Olympus 35mm Trip Autofocus 50 QD Camera is easy to hold and travel without stress.
Also, the feature of the red-eye reduction enables users of the Olympus 35mm Trip Autofocus Camera to capture the best portraits. The 28mm wide-angle lens offers an additional large view when capturing pictures and shooting videos.
The likes of autofocus, auto film advance, and auto flash are the automatic features embedded in this camera. The Olympus lens allows for improved pictures while the sleek and metal nature allows for easy usage.
This camera is also top on the list of cameras that are quite affordable. The built-in flash and an additional large viewfinder enable shooting videos and pictures very attainable in the best possible quality.
- It has a built-in flash feature
- It is easy to use
- It is very portable
- It offers an extra-large view
- There is no zoom lens feature
- 28mm wide-angle lens for an extra large view
- Automatic features such as auto film advance, auto flash, and autofocus
- Red-eye reduction for perfect portraits
3. Canon EOS Rebel 2000 SLR Film Camera
It is important to note that the Canon EOS Rebel 2000 SLR Film Camera is a film camera and not a digital camera. What makes this camera outstanding is that, it is very cheap and can be bought by anyone with a low budget.
This camera was specially designed for beginners and experts who are looking to take their photography experience to the next level. Your travel experience is assured to be splendid due to the portability this camera offers.
The autofocus system is remarkably responsive as it contains a focusing point that is capable of being set one by one for capturing innovative shooting. You can get a whole lot of unique modes to shoot high-quality images and videos in surroundings, and these unique modes include night scene, the wide-known portrait, full auto, manual, and landscape, among others.
There is the inclusion of a built-in flash and a 35-zone exposure sensor, which aids you in capturing the best images.
- It contains an automatic film load and reverse
- It is portable
- The camera is light in weight
- It has a built-in retractable flash
- The batteries are not strong enough
- Autofocus 35mm SLR with full manual options
- 28 to 80mm Zoom lens included
- Retractable built-in flash
4. Pentax K1000 Manual Focus SLR Film Camera
With a long time in existence, the Pentax K1000 Manual Focus SLR Film Camera is one of the best Film Camera with manual focus. Users of this Camera can operate it while taking quality pictures without a battery because it is mechanical. However, you will need an A76 cell battery to run the light meter
It is easy to use and so you not need to go through an extensive tutorial before using this Camera. The shooting controls include shutter speed, aperture, and focus, which allow you to set the speed of shooting film.
While using this Camera to shoot, you do not need to switch the camera on or off. This is because the feature is always on to capture quick images. Before the introduction of features like Megapixels and features which make pictures stand out, the Pentax K1000 Manual Focus Film Camera was the go-to Camera for shooting stunning pictures. Beginners can operate this camera with ease because of its manual and mechanical nature.
- It is easy to use
- It features an original 50mm lens
- It is reliable
- It does not need any battery to operate
- It does not contain the depth-of-field preview
- Users cannot turn the meter on or off
- The Pentax K1000 35mm SLR is one of photography's greatest, most popular and longest-lived cameras.
- This Pentax film camera is completely mechanical and needs no battery to run, however, you must...
- Unlike other SLR and DSLR cameras, the K1000 is simple and has little to no learning curve. There is...
5. Halina Tegra AF290 35mm Film Camera Compact Point and Shoot Flash Auto Focus Motor
Just like the rest of the Cameras listed here, the Halina Tegra AF290 35mm Film Camera captures 35mm Films. This Camera will not miss any second of the film when shooting as it captures films in retro and vintage style.
On purchase of the Halina Tegra AF290 35mm Film Camera, there is the inclusion and choice to use either the strap or manual function. Fixed and run with a 2x AA battery, you would enjoy the best film capturing for some time before you go ahead to charge it.
The feature of an auto-focus 28mm wide-angle lens will allow users of this camera to capture the best and quality images. Users of this camera can’t switch off the automatic built-in flash. Other amazing features in this camera include a panorama function that helps initiates a wide format photography, an automatic film transport, and also an LCD, which functions as an exposure counter.
- This camera is an easy point-and-shoot Camera
- It includes a high auto-focus 28mm wide-angle lens
- It also includes an automatic built-in flash
- The automatic built-in flash cannot be switched off
- You will receive 1 camera
- Perfect Camera to Capture Every Moment In a Vintage/Retro Manner
- Boxed, with manual and strap included
Are Film Cameras Worth Buying?
Okay, so this is a question that will always be asked as far as the film camera is concerned. Anyone that buys a film camera today has their reason. But generally, film cameras have their advantages over digital.
Images on a film negative are more secured if protected well. Unlike digital that can be easily deleted.
Many professional photographers still use film camera. Anyways, you are here because you want to buy the best film camera with autofocus, so let us help you find them.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Film Camera
Manual Focus or Autofocus
We understand that you are here because you want an autofocus camera. But you need to understand the difference between the two so you can decide what you want.
Manual focus is for professionals because it gives you the liberty to choose what object you want to focus on. On the other hand, autofocus does it automatically. The downside of autofocus cameras is that the camera focuses on whatever objects it pleases, so you don’t get to choose.
Purpose for Buying
Everyone looking to buy a film camera have different reasons and purpose. If you are looking out to buy a film camera just to take pictures to share exciting moments with friends and family, then you may buy an affordable one with less features that is easy to operate.
However, if you are buying one for a more advance reason such as photography, then you may want to go for a more sophisticated camera with great features. This will help you buy one that you will not regret and will last a long time.
So you have gone through our list of the best film camera with auto focus. We are more confident that these cameras are one of the top rated products you won’t regret buying. Depending on what you want, you can make a choice.
Of all film cameras reviewed above, the Canon EOS Rebel K2 SLR 35mm Film Camera is our best pick. It has got more advanced features than the rest. If for no reason, but for the fact that it is from a top brand, you can never go wrong.
The 7-point high speed autofocus system is one advanced feature we love. We think you will love it too.