If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Pocket cameras are also called compact cameras because they are small and go into your pocket. They are the best for travelers since they will not take up much space in your luggage. They are also lightweight.
If you are looking for the best pocket camera for low light, then you have come to the right page because we have screened through the 100s of compact cameras out there and only selected those with low light features so that you can start taking shots anywhere and anytime.
Cameras designed with low light feature for photography have a wide range of uses. Do you want to take shots on the night sky, stars, or night scenes? Do you want to take shots or videos indoors or where the lighting is poor? Then the following compact cameras are the best for you.
- Reviews of the Best Pocket Camera for Low Light
- Pocket Camera for Low light – Buyer’s Guide
- How Do I Make Pictures Clear in Low Light?
Reviews of the Best Pocket Camera for Low Light
1. Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K includes a 4/3 image sensor alongside a 4096 x 2160 resolution, which allows you to take wide dynamic range pictures.
The camera has suitable and handy buttons that let users quickly change shooting speed. Also, the high frame rate button allows users to play back shots, and open setup menus swiftly.
The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera is compatible with both photographic and cinema lenses. It has a large 5 touchscreen LCD, which makes navigating on the screen easy. Also, the camera features a 4 built-in microphone for effective audio communication.
The camera further lets users record directly to an external SSD with the use of the built-in USB-C expansion port. With the light and durable feature, you are to enjoy using this camera for outdoor events, even in low light.
- It has a 5 touchscreen LCD
- It features 4 built-in microphones
- It has a 4K video recording function
- It is light in weight and very portable
- It features a brilliant low light feature and dynamic range
- It is not EF mount
- Full-size 4/3 sensor/ 4096x2160 resolution
- 4K DKI video recording at 60 fps / 13 stop Dynamic Range
- Carbon fiber composite build / Black magic operating system
2. Canon PowerShot SX740 Digital Camera
The Canon PowerShot SX740 Digital Camera ensures you capture breathtaking images and shoot videos at a distant. The camera features a 4k time-lapse movie function that allows users to shoot clear and brilliant videos.
The screen size of the Canon PowerShot SX740 camera is just about the right size for a pocket camera. It features a 3.0-inch tilt-type screen for its users. Also, the camera includes a strong 40x optical zoom alongside a zoom framing assist and optical image stabilizer.
With the 20.3MP, this camera can take amazing pictures, even in low light surroundings. Furthermore, the Canon PowerShot SX740 is embedded with high-speed continuous shooting at up to 7.4 fps.
Users are urged to use the canon camera connect application to send, share, print, and transfer images to compatible devices. Also, the Canon PowerShot SX740 camera allows you to explore the creative world and take amazing selfies and self-portraits in low light.
The feature assistant function ensures a smooth operation of capturing and shooting videos, respectively.
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi
- It features a 20.3MP
- It has a 3.0-inch tilt LCD
- It has a 4K video function
- It features a strong 40x optical zoom function
- It cannot shoot in raw format
- It does not feature an optical viewfinder
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer and Zoom Framing Assist
- 4K Video and 4K Time-lapse Movie
- Built-in Wi-Fi* and Bluetooth** Technology
3. EZVIZ Light Action Camera
EZVIZ is one of the best pocket camera for low light. It provides its users with a secure and easy usability feature. It is so portable that it can be just about anywhere, ranging from homes to schools, stores, offices, and so many more places.
The 3um large pixel sensor guarantees a very good picture in terms of quality. Users can capture images with increased light owing to the larger single-pixel. The waterproof feature allows you to use this camera even up to 131ft underwater.
EZVIZ allows users to switch between dashcam and action cam. It also captures images at 8 Megapixels and record videos up to 1080p 60fps.
Its improved WDR and low light mode ensure brilliant and high-quality images to be captured even in dim surroundings. You can also edit and share captured and recorded videos on the go through its built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI functions. Users are encouraged to download the EZVIZ sports app on your smartphone to be able to control the camera while using your device.
Finally, this camera features a 150-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor that captures more distance.
- It is waterproof
- It has a feature of low light mode
- It features a built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI
- It records videos up to 1080p 60fps and images up to 8 Megapixel
- Cannot capture time-lapse video
- It cannot be used as a webcam
- The battery does not last
- ✔ 2 In 1 Waterproof Camera - With two modes available, you can easily switch between Action cam...
- ✔ 150° Ultra Wide Angle with Less Distortion - With 6 layers of full glass lens and 150° Ultra...
- ✔ Advanced Low-Light Mode & WDR - Thanks to the low light mode and WDR, the S2 handles...
4. Panasonic Lumix ZS200
The Panasonic Lumix ZS200 is also among the best pocket camera for low light. The camera features a 20MP lens rear, which takes high quality and crystal clear pictures. In addition, the Panasonic Lumix SZ200 has a touch sensing display screen.
The function of 4K allows users to shoot very clear and bright videos in low light environments. Users can now proceed to share captured images with their friends and family members with compatible devices.
Pictures captured with the Panasonic Lumix ZS200 will process much faster than ever before with the addition of the raw capture. When it comes to portability, this camera is the right one as it can go into your pocket. Users of this camera can move around with the Panasonic Lumix ZS200 and enjoy their photography experience.
- It features a 20 Megapixel image sensor
- It has a touch LCD
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi
- It has a raw image support
- It features 4K video
- It has a zoom function up to 15x
- The LCD does not move
- It has a narrow aperture
- No microphone function
- [Larger 1 Inch Sensor] 20.1 Megapixels large sensor for brighter and more colorful photos (12800 Max...
- [LEICA DC 15x Lens] Leading class optical zoom performance with a bright F3.3 ? 6.4 aperture for...
- [Creative Control] Scene modes, filter modes, adds creativity while traditional aperture and shutter...
5. Sony DSCWX500/B Digital Camera
The inclusion of a superb 18.2 Megapixel and Bionz x image processor ensures crystal clear and fantastic image quality. With just a single tap from your smartphone, you can control the Sony DSCWX500/B Digital Camera using the Wi-Fi connection.
The Amazing 3-inch Xtra fine LCD will make taking selfies very easy. Users of the Sony DSCWX500/B Digital Camera can get sharp pictures through the addition of Sony’s Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for video and as well as stills.
You do no longer have to worry about capturing blur images because there is the addition of an intelligent, active mode, and 5 axis image stabilization. The latter prevents blur when a camera moves away from its initial position.
The NFC feature allows you to transfer or send images to your compatible mobile device to edit or upload. Lastly, the Sony DSXWX500/B Digital camera can also take high-quality High Definition videos in XAVC S format. This feature allows you to shoot incredible videos with the lowest compression noise even if there is the presence of too much sound.
- It has a high 18.2 Megapixel camera
- It shoots clear and bright pictures
- It features a 30x optical zoom ZEISS lens
- It features both a Wi-Fi and NFC function
- It captures breathtaking selfies
- No addition of an external microphone
- Initial memory card is not added
- It does not have a touch display
- 30x Optical/60x Clear Image Zoom ZEISS (Trademarked) Vario-Sonnar T* Lens. Playback Functions:...
- 18.2MP Exmor R (Trademarked) CMOS Sensor for superb low light images
- Versatile video w/ high-quality XAVC S (Trademarked), AVCHD & MP4 formats
Pocket Camera for Low light – Buyer’s Guide
What Size Exactly Do You Want?
Even though cameras can be tagged as compact, they are still available in different sizes. Some cameras can go into your pocket completely. Also, others can go into a small pocket of your luggage without adding to the weight.
Your Desired Feature
Each photographer has got their own special feature they look unto when buying cameras of any kind. So even though you are buying a pocket-size camera, you can still look out for those features because size dos not always cheat on the features.
The Low Light Feature
This is the most important feature for you. You are here because you need a compact camera for low light. If you are doing window shopping, always make sure to check if this feature is available on the camera.
How Do I Make Pictures Clear in Low Light?
The best way to make your pictures clear in low light is to use a camera that has a low light feature. However, some photographers are able to hack this and produce great shots with some little adjustment on the camera. Use the following steps to achieve this.
- Crank up the ISO
- Use a larger aperture
- Slow down the shutter speed
- Use your camera’s exposure compensation capabilities
- Use a flashlight from the camera or an external flashlight
We commend your efforts and patience in going through all the details written on this page. If you have gone through all the recommended products here, we are sure you should be able to find the best pocket camera for low light that will suit your style.
However, if you are still indecisive on which exactly to go for, then we may be delighted to recommend the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera as the best.