As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you sometimes have some difficult days finding a school of fish? With the advancement of technology, you can be certain where to drop your lure for a great catch. You can achieve this effortlessly with the best underwater camera for fishing.
- Our Top Underwater Camera for Fishing Reviews
- How Does an Underwater Camera Work?
- Features to Consider for an Underwater Camera for Fishing
- How to Use Your Fishing Camera and Spinning Reel Combo
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Underwater Camera for Fishing Reviews
The MarCum VS485c Underwater Viewing System bags the spot as the best underwater camera for fishing because of its low-light viewing, high-resolution screen, and durability that can adapt to all fishing styles.
There are a lot of fishing cameras out there, and it can be confusing what exactly to pick. Our guide here will save you time and effort.
MarCum VS485c Underwater Viewing System
MarCum is a well-known brand for fishing cameras, and among its top-of-the-line units is the MarCum VS485c Underwater Viewing System. It can mimic a fish using the fins installed to keep the camera stable during turbulent water. This makes it an excellent choice for heavy-duty fishing such as brass fishing.
Like the Aqua Vu Micro Camera, the compact size of the MarCum VS485c looks like it’s an oversized bait. In effect, it won’t scare away fish you’ve been waiting to catch.
This gadget features a seven-inch high-resolution screen with 800×480 pixels for a bigger view. With this, you get a better and clearer picture of fish movement and location in the water. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned angler, this is advantageous for fishing in murky and unclear water.
However, going deeper may introduce some background noise. Although you can use the black and white mode to improve exposure in low-light environments.
With a battery life of up to 8 hours when fully charged, the MarCum VS485c has double the battery power than the GoFish Cam.
- With a 50-feet cable, this depth is sufficient for the average angler.
- More information is displayed on the screen, such as water temperature, battery life, depth, and a relative direction.
- Lacks a screen shade for sunny fishing days.
- Twisting the RCA cables may affect the camera’s position underwater.
- 7- Inch High Resolution H2D Solar Intelligent LCD Screen with 800x480 pixels.
- CMOS Camera with a .01 lux rating provides enhanced optics, built in LED light with a 50-foot cable.
- Allows you to switch over to Black and White mode. This feature is also automatic in low light...
Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera
Other units we have reviewed have limited view angles. This may become a challenge having to manipulate the cable to view different directions. There is always a better option, and the Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera offers that.
An airtight and watertight casing houses the camera. This enables the device to rotate about an axis while giving you a 360-degree view. So you know exactly what direction to cast in your bait.
This is an excellent option for beginners who don’t want to get discouraged spending too much time without a catch. Similar to the MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera, it has a continuous running power of 10 hours, so you have a longer time to practice fishing.
It features a seven-inch monitor with a sun-visor for bright environments. There are 16 infrared lights for the camera to deliver good images in low-light situations. Be careful in carrying it as it’s hard to find replacement parts for the battery and screen.
With a 100-foot cable, the Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera has double the reach of the Aqua Vu Micro Stealth Underwater Camera. Since this is an ice fishing camera, you can submerge it in freezing water without getting image distortion.
- Waterproof and pull-resistant camera body.
- It includes an auto white balance and a 360-degree view.
- It doesn’t come with an SD card port.
- The thin-film transistor screen relies on backlighting.
- MONITOR: 7 inch TFT color monitor with sun-visor for bright environments.
- FEATURES: Underwater Fishing Camera, Sony CCD 800TVL HD Video Camera with 360 Degree View and a OSD...
- BATTERY: Continuous usage of the battery lasts up to 10 hours. The light indicator will show red...
MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera
Not everyone likes to move around with bulky fishing gears. Sometimes, you need to keep it light for better control. If you are one of such anglers, you may consider going for MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera, a lightweight fishing camera.
Whether for ice fishing, kayak fishing, and more, you can never go wrong with this unit. Weighing only 7.4 ounces, it’s like holding two to three fish baits.
Like the Aqua Vu Micro Stealth, the MOOCOR Camera has a 4.3-inch display, even smaller than a standard smartphone display. However, this may be pretty challenging for those with poor eyesight.
The camera features infrared LED lights with three brightness levels you can adjust according to the underwater light environment. With a 360-degree viewing angle, you don’t have to point down to the fish to capture a photo. Instead, you can shoot the entire scene and background.
This fishing camera has a 4x digital zoom function to give you a farther view to compensate for the short reach. It gives you a visual and real representation of the fishes compared to sonar fish finders.
With 10-hour battery power, it has a longer operating time than the Eyoyo Portable Camera when fully charged. This means you can save power in your battery pack for carp fishing.
- Waterproof and anti-corrosion wire can support the camera even if you add external lights.
- Infrared lights and 4x zoom help improve observation for kayak, ice, or dock fishing.
- Smaller screen display than the others.
- The thin cable tends to coil up.
- ★【Professional Fishing Finder】This fish finder camera includes 2 parts: underwater camera and...
- ★【Multi-Function Lcd Monitor】Portable high resolution LCD fish monitor has sun visor and...
- ★【Superior Underwater Camera Lens】The fishing camera underwater is equipped with Far Infrared...
GoFish Cam Wireless Underwater Fishing Camera
Sometimes cables can come in the way of comfort. Adjusting the cables for a better position may pose a challenge to some anglers. Luckily, GoFish Cam Wireless Underwater Fishing Camera meets these needs.
Simply attach the GoFish Cam to your line. Put the bait on the hook and sink it. Thanks to three stabilization fins and our pre-set weight system, you can troll at slow or fast speeds.
You’ll capture the underwater action like never before, whether you’re rigged up with a sinker for snapper, vertical jigging for striped bass, or drag fishing for flounder.
It weighs 3.3 ounces and is significantly lighter than the MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera. Despite being lightweight, it doesn’t get easily swayed when positioned underwater. It allows you to fish with precision while recording and taking snapshots under the water’s surface.
GoFish Cam is a wireless underwater camera that sits on your fishing line and works with a mobile app. Anglers can capture action-packed footage and gain insight into the underwater fishing experience. Likewise, you can review and edit awesome video content for social media sharing.
Out of all the fishing cameras we reviewed, it has the shortest battery life of up to 4 hours. Although you can usually bring a fishing power pack to charge.
- It has a 1000-pound tension rating for those trophy catches.
- Uses a stabilized design hydrodynamic shape for steady recording.
- Poor battery life.
- The Android app is buggy.
- Full hd video 1080P @ 60Fps, 30Fps, and 720P @ 60Fps
- Easy in-line rigging and stabilized design hydrodynamic shape for steady recording
- Night vision green leds for deep water and night fishing
Aqua Vu HD7i Underwater Camera
If you are looking for the best underwater fishing camera for trolling, there would be no better choice than the Aqua Vu HD7i Underwater Camera. Trolling requires casting one or more fishing lines with baits. With this camera’s 135-degree viewing angle, you can clearly see what’s happening on both baits for a successful catch.
Since trolling involves pulling the fishing lures with the boat, the tendency for the stability of the camera when submerged is minimal.
Hence, you will need a camera with a good image stabilization feature. Aqua-Vu camera has a feature or an attachment for a trolling fin. However, this fin doesn’t come with the unit, and you may have to purchase it separately.
It even has a 40-degree broader angle than the MarCum VS485c. With the help of the clip-on ballast weight, the camera can move stealthily underwater. This feature can give you a closer look at your catch’s precise location.
With rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the Aqua Vu Micro Stealth 4.3 Underwater Camera has a two-hour longer battery life than the GoFish Camera.
You get a high-definition view via the camera’s 1080p 7-inch high-definition display. We considered this a heavy-duty unit because the cable is tough and long enough to hit a depth of 75 feet.
- Adjustable IR lighting ensures you get the best view any time of the day, including in low light conditions.
- IP67-rated for waterproof performance, including protection against solid objects like rocks, sand, and dust.
- You cannot record with this model, except you get an external recorder.
- The website sometimes has a hard time recognizing the camera.
- Smartphone size color 4.3-inch high resolution LCD
- RCA Video Out
- Full Color Micro Camera with 50-feet of Ruggedized cable with Depth (marked on cable), Super Wide...
Eyoyo Original CR110-7L HD CAM Professional Fish Finder
If you usually fish in murky waters, the Eyoyo Original CR110-7L Fish Finder can help you locate the exact position of your next catch. Despite sand or mud making the water appear hazy, the high-power LED lights can illuminate the scene to make sure you can reel in the biggest fish.
The camera features a more advanced design. First, the enhanced HD 1000 TV lines of the camera give a clearer image than the 700TV lines camera.
This unit gives you a better depth of reach, thanks to its over 90 ft cable that is strong and durable enough to resist the water waves.
Secondly, the infrared IR lights give good details for night vision. It has nine more IR lights than the MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera.
Thanks to its 1000TVL camera, the device can capture videos and images in vivid colors and 1280×960 pixels. At eight hours, it has a similar battery life to the Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera. Although all of these features cramped in a single device makes the camera heavier for ice fishing.
- Industry-standard 1080 MP screen clearly shows if the fish is nibbling the bait so you can check its size and details.
- A 90-degree field of view provides a broad and clear representation of any fish near the bait.
- Infrared lights only work on the black and wide shooting mode.
- You may need to convert the AVI files to MP4 when editing or viewing clips on a computer.
- 【7" Color LCD Monitor】: This underwater video fishing camera has a 7 inch large TFT color screen...
- 【1000TVL Camera】: The definition of the camera is up to 1000TV lines, which is clearer than the...
- 【With 12pcs Infrared Lights】: With 12pcs IR lights, fishes will be seen more clearly in the dark...
Anysun Underwater Fish Finder
Sometimes, affordable products don’t imply low quality. The Anysun Underwater Fish Finder has proven to be so. You can get all the necessary features that you would find in other high-end products.
If the MOOCOR Underwater Fishing Camera’s 4.3-inch screen makes you squint your eyes in a low-light environment, the 7-inch screen of this camera is a better option for older anglers.
You would be satisfied with a TFT-color monitor with a sun-visor, coupled with 700 TV lines you will certainly get a clearer image. This is the next best quality to HD. Its 1080p video resolution projects clearer vision than the Eyoyo Fish Finder.
With a 50 feet cable, this should be more than enough for most anglers, unless you’ll be fishing in very deep waters for lake trout or whitefish.
Made from yellow bulletproof wires, the cable can withstand a weight of up to 45 pounds, adding weight to the camera to stay upright.
Of course, you can use this unit in low light conditions, which is inevitable when fishing, thanks to its 20-piece white LED lighting system.
- It comes in an aluminum case for easy transport, storage, and overall protection.
- Power rated at 10 hours and eight hours when using LED lights.
- QuickTime or iMovie can’t view the AVI format.
- No SD card slot and record function.
- 【7" Removable Monitor with Sun Visor】Underwater ice fishing camera has 7 inch TFT color monitor...
- 【Fish Finder with DVR Recording】Underwater fishing video camera included 8GB SD card, has...
- 【1000 TVL IP68 Waterproof Fish Camera】Portable waterproof fishing camera with 12 White LED...
How Does an Underwater Camera Work?
If it were possible to see what was going on underwater, it would have been possible to make a cast without a miss. Unfortunately, the deeper you go, the less transparent the water becomes. An underwater camera will help you get a picture where your eyes can’t.
- The basic parts of an underwater fishing camera are the screen, the connecting cable, the floater, and the waterproof camera. Attached to the camera is a hook where your fishing line can be attached. This is optional since you can have your own setup using your preferred fishing reel.
- Also attached to the camera is a LED light that helps with illumination. As the depth of water increases, the more distortion. Thus, the camera needs a backup light to record the surroundings.
- When the camera is immersed alongside the bait, you can see underwater as displayed on the screen. With this, you can navigate around to find a better place with better opportunities for your species. The floater helps to keep and track the fishing line.
Features to Consider for an Underwater Camera for Fishing
Buying an underwater camera for fishing entails a lot. We recommend that you go through the following guide to help you note some of the important criteria for picking the best for the job.
Some conditions will require more depth to catch the best species. The cable’s length is the determinant of the depth you can record.
We recommend going for a cable length not shorter than 50 feet. The Eyoyo Portable Underwater Fishing Camera boasts a 165-foot cable for deep fishing. The Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera and GoFish Cam follow with a 100-foot cable.
The Anysun Underwater Fishing Camera uses a 65-foot cable. Meanwhile, the MarCum VS485c, MOOCOR, and Aqua Vu Micro Stealth fishing cameras follow an industry standard of 50 feet.
The wider the view angle, the more you get to see events at the same time. Anglers will always manipulate the cable and twist it around for a better view.
Only the Anysun Underwater Fishing Camera allows 360 rotation. The GoFish Cam Wireless Underwater Fishing Camera follows with 170 degrees, while the Aqua Vu Micro Stealth Underwater Camera has a 135-degree angle.
Video Capture Resolution
A higher video capture resolution provides more flexibility when editing. However, this may also make the memory card get full faster than usual.
MarCum VS485c, Anysun Underwater Fishing Camera, GoFish Cam Wireless Underwater Fishing Camera, and Aqua Vu Micro Stealth have a maximum of 1080p video capture resolution. The rest can only record 480p.
We recommend a battery life of at least 7 hours for underwater cameras for fishing. This will give you sufficient time on the water to enjoy the moment.
The Anysun Underwater and MOOCOR Underwater fishing cameras have the longest battery power at 10 hours when fully charged.
The MarCum VS485c, Eyoyo Portable Fishing Camera, and the Anysun Underwater Ice Fishing Camera have a decent battery life of 8 hours.
How to Use Your Fishing Camera and Spinning Reel Combo
When it comes to setting up an underwater camera with your spinning reel, there are different types of setups depending on what kind of camera you are using.
Wireless cameras like the Water Wolf and Spydro are pretty simple. It requires you to tie them on with a solid knot at one or both ends, depending on what kind of view or the presentation you want.
See the below video of a simple setup using a Spydro underwater camera. It also includes everything you need to know about the wireless camera.
- When using underwater cameras for ice fishing, drill two holes. One for the fishing camera and the other for your fishing line.
- First, lower the camera down and maneuver the cable to turn the camera’s view around as you drop it further.
- When you have found the preferred position, then lower your fishing line with the bait until you can see your bait on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Underwater Cameras Scare Fish?
It depends on how you use the camera. Fish will run off if the LED lights suddenly come to their eyes. If you require lights, you should ensure it is already put on throughout the fishing section and not suddenly put on.
Under normal conditions, underwater cameras do not scare fish. They don’t look like foreign materials in their habitat.
Can I Use My Underwater Fishing Camera In Any Type of Water?
The majority of underwater fishing cameras can work in all conditions and types of water. However, it will be great to double-check because some cameras would not survive ice fishing, saltwater, or murky water.
Is There Any Difference Between Fish Finders and Fishing Cameras?
Fish finders and fishing cameras use different technology, and the representation of the images is quite different. Fish finders give images that must be interpreted, yet are reliable in nearly all water conditions. On the other hand, only fishing cameras can give you the excitement of making and watching videos.
These are the best underwater cameras for fishing. Consider the above criteria to ensure you choose the right camera for your needs. We encourage you to make a choice based on your style of fishing as duly grouped above.