If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Whether you are looking to record soccer matches so that you can share with friends and keep the memory of your favorite football team, or you are looking for a professional camera to stream live soccer games, we have got you covered as we review the best video camera for recording soccer games.
Soccer, just like any other sport or recreational activities carries a lot of action. Not all cameras will be able to catch all these thrilling actions. We have selected only the best so you can quickly make a choice.
- Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games
- Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games Overall: Sony FDRAX53/B Camcorder
- Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games for the Money: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless Camera
- Best Cheap Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: AiTechny Ultra HD Camcorder
- Best Zooming Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
- Best Compact Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: GoPro HERO8 Waterproof Action Camera
- Features to Consider for Cameras to Record Soccer Games
Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games
Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games Overall: Sony FDRAX53/B Camcorder
Do you want to record your children’s memorable goals in stunning clarity? Considering 4K video capacity, long battery life, and several shooting modes, the Sony FDRAX53/B Camcorder is the best video camera for recording soccer games.
Its image resolution isn’t as great as the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV, although it does have better recording modes. Being a dedicated camcorder, it offers night shot, timelapse, and 4K mode.
One of its best features is the Balanced Optical SteadyShot, which is also cleverly known as the BOSS image stabilizer. With this feature, you can continue handheld shooting even as you move to cheer for your team!
Moreover, the Sony FDRAX53/B has a quick autofocus system, especially in broad daylight.
The camcorder will focus from infinity within a second as you pick a target on the 3-inch touchscreen display. Hence, you can always follow running players, and you can clearly record their movements.
This video camera has the same wide-angle lens as the Canon VIXIA HF R800. However, the Sony FDRAX53/B beats it in terms of maximum video and image resolution.
- Image stabilization feature is perfect for handheld shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi makes it ideal for live streaming soccer games
- TakeRequires a fast SDXC card
- Prone to glaring
- 4K XAVC-S recording with 16.6MP, Exmor R sensor, B.O.SS stabilization
- Capacity Indicationer on Package: 1900mAh (13.8Wh)
- Compact battery charger
Best Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games for the Money: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless Camera
This is also one of the best video camera for recording soccer games, albeit its a lot more expensive than the Campark. While there have also been previous models of the Olympus digital camera, the E-M10 is the third model of camera produced by Olympus OM-D.
This Olympus comes with a 16MP Four Thirds CMOS sensor. Now, don’t be fooled by just the megapixel count. This sensor is much higher in quality than the Campark, even with few megapixels. This is due to the CMOS sensor it has.
It will shoot 1080p quality video at 30 fps (frames per second). One drawback is that it lacks 4k video.
The Olympus E-M10 features a powerful TruePic VII picture processor. Also, it boasts of a large communicative electronic viewfinder, a Wi-Fi ability, and a warp-speed AF system that lets you have continuous capturing at 8fps.
This digital camera also boasts of a built-in Wi-Fi feature that allows for sharing pictures easily without having to use a wire to connect to your device. The superb feature of the electronic viewfinder provides for capturing videos at full length. The built-in flash function allows videos and images to be taken clearly at night.
Portability is the word when the Olympus E-M10 digital camera is talked about. The different lens options are meant to be used by experts. While it is made of metal, its slim nature makes it easy to carry about to various sporting events.
- It is portable
- It possesses built-in Wi-Fi feature
- Captures clear HD videos
- It does not come with an AP2 accessory port
- Poor frame rate
- Lightweight and compact for easy portability
- Fast autofocus lets you capture stunning images quickly
- Image stabilization keeps your shots crisp
Best Cheap Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: AiTechny Ultra HDCamcorder
If you are looking for a budget friendly video camera that can still take clear and sharp footage of soccer games, the AiTechny Ultra HD 2.7K Camcorder with Handheld Stabilizer camera is the ideal choice for you. With the built-in handheld stabilizer, camera shake is reduced which is pretty impressive, given the price point of this camcorder.
Coupled with that, theUltra HD 2.7K Camcorder features an external microphone that you can use to make commentaries while the game is happening and you’re recording. With the addition of a built-in IR night vision, this camera can capture clear HD videos and photos in low-light surroundings. This is great when capturing late-night games.
Also, while you are recording a soccer game with this camcorder, there is a special feature that lets you process non-stop recording. When it comes to the battery capacity of this camcorder, this particular feature is top-notch. This video camera comes with a 2500mAh battery capacity that can last you throughout a soccer game.
- It is capable of recording in the dark
- High battery capacity
- Features a LED video light and exterior microphone
- Image quality is not as good as the other cameras we reviewed
- Ultra HD 2.7K Camcorder with Handheld Stabilizer: With powerful CMOS image sensor, this video camera...
- IR Night Vision ＆ External microphone: The IR night version of vlogging camera provides you...
- Video Camera with Lens Hood & Remote Control: The lens hood filters out excess stray light to avoid...
Best Zooming Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
Suppose your usual concern is the difficulty of recording faraway subjects from your position in the sidelines, or worse, back row bleachers. In that case, the Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder is the ideal video camera to record soccer games because it can zoom up to 57 times.
It only has a 3.28 MP sensor, which is the lowest megapixel count from this list. However, it’s still capable of recording soccer games in 1080p quality, the standard in videos.
Aside from an automatic shooting mode, it offers a Highlight Priority mode to illuminate scenes further. The backlight feature analyzes incoming subjects into the frame to better expose the scene and record vibrant videos.
Additionally, the Canon VIXIA’s ability to minimize power consumption when recording allows it to last for 150 minutes, similar to the Sony camcorder.
What’s more, the Canon VIXIA has a rotating touchscreen display like the AiTechny 4K Camcorder. However, it has a better tilting capacity of 360 degrees.
- Starts with a 35mm focusing distance then zooms up to 57 times
- Fast autofocus and exposure compensation settings
- Heaviest at 3.94 pounds, so you may need to use a tripod
- Requires an HDMI for transferring and live streaming due to the lack of Wi-Fi
- This Photo4Less Top Value Camcorder With USA Warranty and manufacturer's supplied Accessories Kit...
- Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder (Black) - Sandisk Ultra SDHC 64GB 80MB/S Class 10 Flash Memory Card -...
- Digital Camera/Video Carrying Case - Extra Battery BP-727 for Canon Camcorder - Hi-Speed SD USB Card...
Best Compact Video Camera for Recording Soccer Games: GoPro HERO8 Waterproof Action Camera
The GoPro Hero8 is the new model of the GoPro Hero family. The Hero8 has many better-improved performances than the previous models like the GoPro Hero7. Unlike previous models, the new Hero8 features a modifiable HyperSmooth feature that allows you to create vibration in your videos.
There is an SD card slot where you can save all your recordings and transfer for further editing. However, you must buy an SD card that is compatible with GoPro cameras to consistently achieve the best results. With the improved 1080p in HD, recording videos can now be captured clearly.
The GoPro Hero8 allows you to connect an external microphone that will give you high-quality audio performance. This camera is versatile. Apart from recording sports, it is also ideal for Pro filmmakers, potential creators, and vloggers who are looking to explore the features of microphone, LCD screen, and flashes.
- It has special time-lapse modes
- It features time-saving shooting preset
- It has a special built-in mount
- It includes an enhanced microphone
- Better picture stabilization
- It has poor minimal light efficiency
- It has sub-device image quality
- The battery drains off quickly
- No built-in HDMI port
- GOPRO HERO8 BUNDLE: GoPro HERO8 Black Camera + Battery + Sleeve Lanyard features amazing HyperSmooth...
- PRO-QUALITY 4K60 + 1080p240 VIDEO: Stunning video resolution, impressive frame rates and super...
- RUGGED + WATERPROOF + ADVANCED WIND NOISE REDUCTION: Share experiences you can’t capture with your...
Features to Consider for Cameras to Record Soccer Games
It doesn’t matter if you choose to make a choice from our recommendations. That is why we have also taken time to highlight some factors to consider before buying a camera for football or any other action sports.
The Zoom Feature
Of course, you cannot get into the pitch to make your recording clearer. You must record from a distance. This is why a camera with a great zoom feature is very necessary.
Again, not all cameras with a good number of zooms can capture actions clearly. The zoom should be able to give a sharp and clear image.
Anything from 40 X zoom is a good one.
Except you are fixing your camera stationary to capture the whole pitch, you may want to consider the frame rate. Soccer comes with lots of actions such as the movement of players and the motion of the ball. Your camera should be able to handle all these movements.
This is why you will need a camera with a good frame rate.
Depending on how professional you want to go, we recommended buying a camera that can record with at least 30 fps.
You wouldn’t want to get cut off in the middle of the event when the battery runs down. This is why you need to buy a camera with a good battery span.
You must not underrate the importance of battery life.
While most cameras come with a good battery life, you still want to over check from customer’s reviews.
A camera battery from 1000 mah is great, but we recommend anything above 2000 mah. However, you should also know that the higher the resolution and frame rate you shoot with, the faster the discharge rate of the battery.
With the best video camera for recording soccer games, you can enjoy all the feel and exciting moments while you replay with your friends and family. You will be proud to share those moments.
We understand that it may still be confusing even after going through a recommendation such as we have here.
If you will have us choose the best for you, then we will suggest you opt-in for the 4K Camcorder, Campark Video Camera. It has an awesome battery life to allow you to record the full 90 minutes without interruption. More importantly, it can shoot video at 60 fps.