As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you are conferencing from different locations or just want to keep a record of a meeting through videoing, you will surely need a good conferencing camera or a video camera as the case may be. We will be reviewing the best video camera to record meetings.
- Our Top Video Camera to Record Meetings Reviews
- Best Video Camera to Record Meetings Overall: Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
- Best Video Camera to Record Meetings in Low Light: Yeehao Camcorder Video Camera Powerful Digital Zoom Camera
- Best Affordable Video Camera to Record Meetings: 4K Camcorder Video Camera KOT HD
- Best Video Camera to Record Meetings in Small Rooms: Owl Labs Meeting 360-Degree Video Conference Camera
- Best Panning and Tilting Video Camera to Record Meetings: Tenveo Conference Room Camera
- Features to Consider for a Video Camera to Record Meetings
Our Top Video Camera to Record Meetings Reviews
The Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder tops our list as the best video camera to record meetings because of its high resolution, long focal lengths, and natural color reproduction. Aside from that, we’re adding other video cameras to suit various needs and recording requirements.
Best Video Camera to Record Meetings Overall: Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
One thing we like from Canon’s VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder is that there is the provision of a 57x Enhanced Zoom that makes sure you capture videos from the back of a conference hall.
As the name implies, this camcorder has an HF R800, translated to mean Highlight Priority mode to produce clearer pictures in videos.
Also, the Canon’s VIXIA camcorder features an Optical Image Stabilization that ensures the pictures are stable at much longer central lengths. This video camera records HD videos differently by using an image sensor with extra sensitivity that keeps natural colors even when having meetings at night.
You can also use this camcorder to make YouTube videos because it can record up to 1920 x 1080/60p. However, YouTube supports up to 60fps video playback on Safari and Chrome, so this may not be ideal if you need something up to 120fps.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer lets you record meetings clearly even when using the camcorder handheld.
- Image sensor and on-chip noise reduction bring more vivid details in every frame.
- Doesn’t feature a manual audio control level for external mic input.
- Doesn’t record a continuous video file and only splits videos into 4GB files
- A 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel LCD screen that is bright and clearly visible, even outdoors in...
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer helps correct camera shake quickly, so even handheld video taken...
- The 57x advanced zoom allows you to create videos with dynamic variety, and is less likely to...
Best Video Camera to Record Meetings in Low Light: Yeehao Camcorder Video Camera Powerful Digital Zoom Camera
The Yeehao Camcorder Video Camera supports webcam, making video conferencing for meetings convenient even while using a laptop or computer webcam. It also features an external microphone that offers the perfect sound quality for ongoing conversations between two or more people.
This camcorder has a built-in rechargeable battery. However, you can’t remove the battery and slot it back in. The good thing is that it features an integrated power output function, which makes charging possible.
The external microphone in this camcorder and other video cameras contains a Hot Shoe. In effect, you can link the Yeehao Camcorder with additional tools to make a fill light.
The amazing wide-angle lens is effective for big halls where video recording occurs. With the support of Wi-Fi, you can connect this video camera to tablets and phones.
An infrared remote control allows you to take videos and images by yourself. However, you can only control TV playback or pause the recording within 10 meters.
- Includes a wide-angle lens for big meetings and a macro lens for tight shots.
- Uses an IR Night Vision to shoot high-definition image videos even in low-light rooms.
- Battery life is relatively short at 20 minutes, although you can charge it while using.
- May not be compatible with some models of external microphones.
- Camcorder with External Microphone: External Microphone Adopts X-Y stereo pickup technology, clear...
- Camera with Wide Angle Lens＆Lens Hood: The camcorder comes with a professional 0.39X super 2-in-1...
- WiFi& IR Night Vision Camera Camcorder: By WiFi connection,the camera can connect to the the...
Best Affordable Video Camera to Record Meetings: 4K Camcorder Video Camera KOT HD
This 4K Camcorder Video Camera KOT HD is a lightweight 4K video camera camcorder, making it easy to move around. Even when you need to take videos of people in motion, the camera’s face detection will recognize and capture the subject’s face.
However, the autofocus may struggle a bit when there are several faces in motion. So, this is best used for meetings where the majority of the people remain seated.
With two lithium batteries, you are sure to record meetings for a reasonable amount of time before the battery runs out. Aside from that, you can also use ConfunKool Ultra 4K video camera as a webcam for video conferencing.
It contains a high-quality microphone that can reduce noise with a low-cut filter. Even beginners can use this camcorder with the help of the simple menu and replay controls.
- Supports recording while charging, ideal for long meetings.
- High-quality microphone reduces ambient noise for big conferences or short interviews.
- Lacks night vision capabilities.
- Optical zoom is only 0.1 x, although this is enough for small rooms or solo recording.
- 4K UHD HD Camcorder & 3.0 inch touch screen: The video camcorder has a 4K 2880x2160 (24FPS) video...
- Stereo Microphone & Wide Angle Lens: 4K camcorder comes with a professional 0.39X 2 in 1 HD...
- Wi-Fi & IR Night Vision: Wi-Fi cannot connect directly to the router. Download "NovaCam" APP at App...
Best Video Camera to Record Meetings in Small Rooms: Owl Labs Meeting 360-Degree Video Conference Camera
The Owl Labs Meeting 360 Degree Video Conference Camera contains a 360-degree camera, a speaker system, and a microphone. These features bring together people, making the best experience you can ever get through teleconferencing. It works best with WebEx, Skype, Google Meet, Zoom, Slack, and other video conferencing platforms.
It captures with 1080p, recording videos in high definition, even when you need to upload it afterward. The automatic zoom focuses on who’s speaking during the meeting. However, it may produce a fisheye-like effect when there are about 50 people scattered across the room.
This camera also features Bluetooth, which you can activate when the Meeting Owl Companion app is active on your device. Simply plug in the camera, and anyone in your organization can control the app during the meeting.
What makes the Meeting Owl different than the other camcorders is its positional flexibility. You can easily place the device in various positions, whether in a coffee table or socially-distanced long table.
The downside is that the device doesn’t have a dedicated case. For a unique video camera like this, you may need to purchase a separate foamed case to protect the hardware.
- 360-degree views and audio provide an immersive meeting experience.
- Plug-and-play system with easy-to-use analytics.
- Camera is not ideal for large rooms.
- Doesn’t use a local network or the internet to stream video.
- BETTER COLLABORATION. The Meeting Owl Pro captures 360° video in 1080p HD and 360° audio up to...
- PLUG AND PLAY SIMPLICITY. Enjoy fast and easy meeting setup with the Meeting Owl Pro. Simply plug in...
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE. Compatible with virtually all web-based video conferencing platforms,...
Best Panning and Tilting Video Camera to Record Meetings: Tenveo Conference Room Camera
What makes the Tenveo Conference Room Camera a standout is that you can use it to call a video conference with your staff or colleagues from any location. You can mount it on your ceiling or wall, allowing its wide lens to capture small to big meetings.
It can record videos up to 1080p, making it seem like you are talking with your colleague in the same room. There’s even a remote that lets you save preset camera positions.
You won’t miss a discussion or demonstration during meetings with the camera’s panning and tilting abilities. The zooming works smoothly even when you need to pan or tilt.
The video compressor allows you to modify the video quality remotely. You can use the camera with Skype, Microsoft Lync, CISCO WebEx, Zoom, and Polycom.
- 10x optical zoom makes virtual calls feel like you’re having face-to-face meetings.
- Remote control supports up to 60 feet.
- Might struggle a bit with contrast when bright light focuses on the speaker.
- May take some time to adjust from the programmed settings to customized presets.
- Tenveo 3X optical zoom professional conference room camera for Business Meetings, you’ll feel like...
- USB PTZ camera platform. Pan: 0 to 340 degree. Tilt: 0 to 120 degree. 3X optical Zoom, 2.1 mega...
- Compatible with Zoom, Skype for business, Microsoft Lync(Teams), Voovmeeting, CISCO WebEx and other...
Features to Consider for a Video Camera to Record Meetings
There are various criteria to consider before picking a good one for the job. Our selection combines several factors to make video recording efficient for important meetings.
Recording meetings in a conference room is different from going on a web camera. The camera will have to capture the whole room, if possible, or every participant in the meeting. For this reason, it is vital to buy a camera with wide range of angles.
A camera with a wide range view can capture a broader perspective without taking it far from the participants. In this way, you can clearly see and hear every person in the meeting.
All of the cameras have superb zooming features, although Canon VIXIA’s 57x Enhanced Zoom is better for meetings with large groups of people. Meanwhile, the Tenveo Room Camera has advanced panning and tilting positions.
Recording or Streaming
Some cameras specialize in recording better, while others are better for streaming. You can achieve both of them at the same time using suitable software.
However, some conferencing cameras can record at 1080p yet may not stream at that resolution. The Canon, Owl Labs, and Tenveo camcorders can record videos at 1080p for the ultimate clear resolution.
Camera resolution is measured in pixels. When buying cameras, we recommended buying HD or Ultra HD. Anything less than that is outdated.
High-resolution cameras don’t come without a challenge. When conferencing with an HD camera, the internet speed has to be super fast. This helps initiate a smooth meeting without interruptions or breaks.
The KOT 4K HD Camera is ideal if you want to guarantee more realistic yet less pixelated recordings.
Since the camera may not be close to the participants most of the time, it is essential to choose cameras with great microphone quality. If the meeting room is too big or is not noise-proof, the overall audio quality may ruin the video recording.
A camera with a built-in noise reduction technology will be an excellent choice for such cases. The Canon VIXIA and KOT HD have noise reduction capabilities.
We have selected only the best video cameras for conferencing and recording, depending on various purposes. You should be able to stream and record at the same time using any of the listed video cameras above. Make virtual meetings more participative using the zooming features and high-resolution recording of the video cameras.